Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Cards and more cards...

Today is the FIRST official day of Kindergarten!!!!!!!!!
We had orientation yesterday where we did a fun scavenger hunt to familiarize the students with their classroom and the school. Today is a very fall-like day, perfect for the first day - pictures will be posted soon!

For now, here are some cards.
I made these for Grandparent's Day using a color challenge from Erin's Thursday Inspirations. I traced Alex's hand and luckily it's still small enough to use up some of my premade boxed cards, next year, not so much - he's a growin boy!!!
The front of the card with a red wool felt heart (inspired by Janna!).

The inside reads, "To get ready for Kindergarten, we've been reading a book, "The Kissing Hand". In the book a mommy gives her son a kiss on his palm in the shape of a heart, that is love, to go with him so he'll always know that she loves him. This is Alex's kissing hand just for you!" And on the other side he signed his name (all 6 of them, in one sitting, but don't be too impressed, I bribed him with pepperoni pizza!)

Next up are four of my Deck of Me cards. I think I'm only 4 cards behind from being caught up, gasp!
The list reads, "Seeing Alex as a happy, successful adult. Giving my parents a wonderfully extravagant, frivolous gift. Taking Alex & Haley to Disney World."
The brads on the front say, "ME @ 30"
The list reads, "get Andy to retire to TN; tithe and donate to charities; go to Europe with Andy; buy Haley a VWBug convertible; make provisions for family members; buy a beach house in the Panhandle; provide daily random acts of kindness; remain thankful!"
The back reads, " Chad was my friend since I was 5 and was my first boyfriend, first kiss, first date and luckily was my friend after all of the firsts!"
Thanks for looking, I'll be back later with pictures of the kindergartener!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

The Grandparent's Day cards are too precious for words! They are the cutest gifts--the grandparents are going to love them! I'm also enjoying your "deck of me"--how fun! I can't wait to see Alex's first day of K. pics! Love and miss you!