This morning I came down stairs, made coffee, scanned in layouts and cards, ready to chat with my blog friends and fellow scrappers at j4k & SC.
I noticed Dawn had posted, I've been wondering where she's been, I've missed her, so I eagerly clicked on her blog. I read her post about losing her friend Aleida. What? What was going on? What is she talking about?
I immediately went to Studio Calico and read through tears how this wife and mother of two was walking across the street when she was struck by a car running a red light.
I didn't know her, I've "chatted with" her on her blog and at SC, so why can't I stop crying? Because it just doesn't seem fair, but I need to pray and ask forgiveness for questioning God's plans, he had a reason for bringing this wonderfully talented lady back Home.
Please say a prayer for her family.
I'm off to play games with Alex because I don't want to waste a minute of my time with him - life is so precious and I hate that a tragedy like this has to serve as a reminder.
Thank you for reading.
1 year ago






3 comments:
What a powerful reminder to not take a single minute for granted. My prayers go out to her family -- and to you -- enjoy your day with Alex!
I'm sorry to hear about this, such a sad tragedy. I looked up her page, and saw the picture she took of herself out the window, it was so peaceful and what she wrote on it the Friday before this happened,is almost haunting.
Thanks for the kind words about Aleida, I am glad you got to know her even a little. She was an amazing soul. You missed me, huh? That makes me smile. I will be back to posting soon, with the many projects that I was working on before this tragedy. Give Alex a hug for me! :-)
Post a Comment