Saturday, October 25, 2008

Today's happiness...

When I wake up in the morning with a soar throat because it's cold and rainy outside, I love adding fresh local honey to my coffee (and of course then curling up on the couch with Alex while he watches cartoons and I read my latest scrappy mag!):


(don't those big Fiesta ware orange mugs make you happy? They do me!)




Books with cd's from the library for Alex to listen to while having a snack:


(although I get him three or four, he gets a fave and wants to listen to it over and over again!)




Getting a hearty casserole ready to go in the oven, love the warmth and smell of something cooking in the oven when it's fall/winter:

(and that glass of Spanish Rose makes me pretty darn happy too!)


When it starts getting cold and dark early in the evening, I love to have breakfast for dinner:



(I bet we were the only ones in the neighborhood having biscuits and sausage gravy and grits for dinner that night - do they even know what a grit is here in MN?!!).




Hope you have some happiness in your house today, thanks for taking a peak at mine!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

All of these things make me happy too! Love big cups of coffee, the smells of comfort food cooking, breakfast for dinner, watching my son read...oh and a glass of wine too! Enjoy!! :-)

~Nancy~ said...

OH yeah. these things sure make me happy too..love the huge orange mug!!! Have a great Monday! xoxO

Jennifer Wiemann said...

That glass of wine would make me happy too! 20 more weeks to go!

Cindy said...

Oh I love breakfast for dinner. Steven made biscuts and sausage gravy the other night for dinner as well. Yum!!!

Kristi said...

yum...can I come over?????