Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happenings around here...

I've been busy, starting to buy some Christmas gifts and am sewing/crafting some Christmas gifts. My theme with gifts this year is "made with love" with the subtitle, "trying to save money!". My subtitle isn't working too well as I have quite expensive taste in fabric;) I've bought a few things off of Etsy - very inspired by this lady who last year took an oath to only buy homemade for Christmas! I'm not completely going homemade, but very close for the ladies in my family:)

Alex finished swimming lessons, he passed Level 1!!
He passed backstroke:

He passed treading water:


And went off the diving board (if you look up in the top left in the stands, the man in the blue shirt is daddy cheering!):


To celebrate, daddy bought him his first 3-D movie (To the Middle of the Earth - or something like that - I watched a few minutes, it made me dizzy, but it was fun!).


Occupational and Speech Therapies are going very well - we've started doing therapeutic listening at home twice a day while exercising, doing a puzzle, eating, anything that doesn't include electronics! The therapists and his Sunday school teacher have both commented on a nice change they've seen so far - yay!

We went to Pump-It-Up one day - Alex had a blast, but I couldn't get a good picture of him on anything except in the red car that he is definitely too big for now!

I am 2 cards away from being caught up on my Deck of Me (it will be the first time in my scrapping career that I can actually say I was caught up on something!):



Kathy's Sunday Challenge at Just 4Keeps was to scrap a picture without people, I chose some shots that I took of my delights from the Farmer's Market here in Lakeville, of course using a random mix of papers from various Studio Calico kits:


We're off to check out a new bowling ally/arcade/laser tag/restaurant super play place that just opened here in Lakeville, man is their timing good, just in time for winter - a great place to hang out inside, they're smart:)
Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

11 comments:

3 Great Girls said...

Yea! to Alex. He looks so grown up on that ball and very big in the car!
Love your layout.
Miss you.

Dawn said...

Love the idea of homemade gifts. Truly from the heart! Congrats to Alex for passing Level 1 in his swimming lessons and that he is doing so well in his speach therapies. Love your newest LO and deck of me cards. Hope you had fun at the arcade. :-)

RHMandK Brown said...

For some reason, I just LOVE the picture of Daddy cheering on Alex -- it almost makes me teary-eyed that even so far away in the shot, you can see the tremendous pride in his son. Love it, Love it, Love it. Congratulations to Alex!

Kelly said...

Yay for Alex!!
I'm trying to do the homemade thing for Christmas too. Feels like I am running out of time to do it all though.
Love your cards and your layout xxx

Jenny said...

WOW!!! Congratulations to Alex! I love the swimming/diving pictures and seeing Andy cheering for his son! That is great that he is doing so well with his speach and occupational therapies. I love your cards and can't wait to see all of your homemade gifts! They are always so beautiful and personal. I have heard of etsy--A friend of mine sells stuff on etsy under "Tiny Bubbles." You should definitely start selling your creations! Love and miss you!

diana albright said...

YAY for Alex on the swimming lessons and the speech therapy!! Love your creations!

I did totally handmade for my co-workers last year. It was a big hit. I am not doing any christmas presents for co-workers this year because there are 500 of them (as opposed to 6 last year). But I love giving handmade gifts. Have fun with it!

Have a nice week :-)

Helsbells said...

I love the Farmer's Market layout - a great use of those papers :)

Davinie Fiero said...

I think handmade Christmas is perfect. It shouldn't be about saving money at all. Good for you on that one! I am trying to make a few things as well.
LOVE the photo off the diving board because you see Alex and your hubby in the same shot. That's very cool.

Lauren said...

great layouts!

and i am a HUGE fan of swimming! I taught lessons for several years and i miss it!

carriefish said...

Does every Pump It Up have one of those cars? The only time I've taken Carter there, that was his favorite thing!
Good Job Alex passing your swimming!! Yea!

Denise said...

Woo hoo Alex for passing level 1. Awesome job!

I am trying to make as many gifts as I can. I love getting handmade and am hoping my family and friends will, too.

Loved getting a further peek at your deck of me cards. Awesome project and definitely a keepsake. Love your "non-person" photo layout, too. You sure are talented and creative!

A new arcade? I am going to have to track down info on that. Anything to help get through the long winter. Ever been to Grand Slam in Burnsville? My nephews like that place. A little noisy and crowded, especially on weekends. But it is fun.