Tuesday, January 29, 2008

School starts....

MONDAY!! We went for our classroom visit today and it was so wonderful - when we got to the room, Alex saw his locker with his name on it, took off his jacket and hung it in his locker! We got to see the teacher, her 3 assistants, Alex's 6 other classmates, the speech therapist and the occupational therapist. Talk about awesome student/teacher ratios!!

Met one of our neighbors today - a sweet lady braved the frigid temps to come over bearing a fresh banana bread and a container of Winter Spice coffee, just delightful! As luck would have it, she was in the door 2 seconds before the phone starting ringing and Alex started shouting for me from the basement - she just chuckled and said that she was happy to meet me, enjoy the bread & coffee and we'll visit & get to know each other in the summer! Haha, it's not just me that wants to hibernate!!

Speaking of hibernation and the weather, I thought I was just being a pansy, so I chatted with Wiemann and she perfectly described my feelings about the single digit temp and negative 20 wind-chill factors - it's NOT NORMAL! The wind is blowing harder than it ever did in Oklahoma (and that's saying a LOT!), but to boot, it's bone-chilling cold. Andy has gotten used to coming home from work to find Alex already in a blanket sleeper and me in some flannel pj's! But just in case he thought we had just stayed in our jammas all day, he just looks at the purchases piled up in the dining room to see that we indeed did leave the house, fully dressed!

Okay, I'm off to have another cup of coffee and maybe another slice of banana bread - yum! Nite;)

1 comment:

Kristi said...

That is too funny...."get to know each other over the summer"!! I would hibernate too!! That was very nice of her!
That's great about the school student/teacher ratio!
It's funny, after I read your blogs, I always want to go drink a hot cup of coffee!! LOL
have a great rest of the week!!