Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Addicted...

Thanks to Leah, I'm now addicted to Big Brother! Does anyone else watch this show? I cannot stand how they're whispering half the time, so you have to watch intently to read the subtitles (I guess that's what you'd call them) instead of while looming or making posies or any of the other things I do during tv time (drives Andy insane that I have to do something while watching tv, but I feel like while I sit there, there's things I could get accomplished!!). So up until last night, all of the episodes that I've seen, I've been with Leah and we talk through the show - well, as soon as it went off last night, I called Leah to discuss the show (that makes it sound somewhat intellectual, right?) and didn't even think that it was 10pm there and Daddy's out of town and the phone ringing that late probably scared the bejimmies out of her. Anyhow, I first thanked her for getting me hooked on the show - with lots of sarcasm, I might add, then we decided that Justin has taken one too many steroids and we're waiting for him to flip out on tomorrow night's show! Okay, enough trash talk.

I'm also addicted to this:

fresh salsa - yum! Haley and I started making this when she was here after I had bought a tiny container for $4 and devoured the container in a few bites. So off with the list of ingredients from the side to the grocery and viola, homemade black bean salsa - holy moly, it's goooOod! If I remember, I spoon some of it out before I add the beans and use that to make guac! Double yum!! I'm eating this stuff on everything and will be so sad when I cannot get fresh tomatoes anymore (well at least good, fresh tomatoes) - I'm for-sure planting a veggie garden next year, you know, when the snow melts, in May!

I'm ashamed to say that over at j4k, Kathy is on week 30 of the Deck of Me - yowzers, I'm behind! So here are the three I got done last night and am hoping to get more made tonight after lil man goes to bed (which should be early since we spent 3 hours at the sprinkler park this afternoon!).


Thanks for takin a peek, and to keep you coming back, I spruced the ole blog up a little - there are SO many backgrounds to choose from over at The Cutest Little Blog, I'll try to do sprucing up more often!

4 comments:

Jennifer Wiemann said...

You know I've always been addicted to Big Brother! I'm not as into it this season as I have been in the past. The people annoy me!

Kristi said...

I used to be totally addicted to Big Brother, but not so much anymore?? LOVE the new blog layout!!!
I need your salsa recipe..thanks! You look just as beautiful today as you did when you were 16! You haven't aged a bit!!

Dawn said...

I am not a Big Brother watcher, but a few people at my work are. They love it!
That salsa looks soooo GOOD! That is a major food group for me. Really LOVE homemade best.
I love to look at old pics. Isn't it fun?!! :-)

Kristi said...

Love that pic of you at 16! Too cute. I need to snaz up my blog too, maybe I'll figure it out...