Sunday, July 27, 2008

One last post for today...

I think I've mentioned that I've got bitten by the sewing bug and thought I'd share the first clothing item I've made. My brave, gorgeous step-daughter, Haley, got to be benefactor of my sewing adventures! Hehe, I really couldn't mess up this dress since the fabric came pre-smocked, so all I had to do was hem it, sew a seam up the sides and add some straps. I made her a yellow ribbon flower with a blue button center to add to the dress, but we couldn't figure out where we like it, so it's not in the picture.

Haley has white leggins at home that she'll wear with the dress - she's SO fashion (to quote my little fashion friend Abby!), but since I had to unwillingly send her back home to TN, I had to get a picture of her in the dress - I even have some of the fabric left over to use on the scrapbook page that I'll eventually do of this picture!
Oh, and here are two more sewing projects that I've done:
A taggy blanket for sweet Tessa Cotton
A raggy quilt for my new nephew Parker!

Now if I could just get my rear-end started on making some curtains for my house instead of making these addictingly cute baby blankets, but I'm not that disciplined!!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

What great little sewing projects! I LOVE them! Welcome home!! :-)

Jessica said...

Hey Jonelle!

We miss you in Oklahoma! I absolutely love those baby blankets. That will be next project. I need to get a sewing machine and learn to sew! lol!