Sunday, July 27, 2008

Alex gets to meet his other great-grandma...

My mom's mom, Grandma Mackley lives in Bradenton and I haven't seen her since I lived in South Carolina - B.A., before Alex. My mom recently moved back to Bradenton to help care for my grandma and aunt - she hasn't lived in Bradenton since before I was born!

Since we were in Tallahassee for an extended visit, Alex and I drove to Gainsville (half way for both parties) to meet my mom and grandma for lunch. It was wonderful to see both of them, but sad as well since while we were at the beach, my Aunt Nancy passed away after a long, hard battle with cancer - she's my mom's sister and the second child that my poor grandma has had to bury.

Grandma is very strong in her faith, she's always been such a good Christian example for me and I'm so glad that she got to finally meet my little boy, although she says that she feels like she's always known him so well through pictures and cards.

Here all four of us are:


(Alex is again doing the crazy hands and tongue pose - arrrr!)
And please notice my grandma's hair color - she has NEVER colored her hair, she has very little grey - WOW! Unfortunately my mom and I did not get that gene from her, darn!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

What a treasured moment! :-)