Saturday, October 18, 2008

An apple day...

Alex and I went to the apple orchard in Jordan, MN - the drive was beautiful:

We got on a tractor pulled wagon to take us out to the orchards and got to picking:




Alex love climbing in the trees to pick the best ones and always made sure there were no wormy holes before he plucked them.



It was a very fun day, especially since it was the first time either of us has been apple picking!



Now, I'm off to search the web for some delicious apple recipes - I'm thinking something with cream cheese and lots of cinnamon, yum!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh how fun! I wish we could've gone with you! Those apples look so yummy...let me know what you make with them. Anything with cream cheese has got to be good! :) Give that sweet boy lots of hugs and kisses from us!

mborrero said...

that looked so cool!

Nicole said...

we went on Friday...nothing screams 'fall' more than a tri[ to the orchard. glad you had fun!! =)

Dawn said...

I LOVE fresh apples in the Fall. It looks like you had a great time. Can't wait to see what yummy thing you cook up! :-)

~Nancy~ said...

Oh wow.. this sounds like such a fun little trip for you all!! And those apples look so yummieeeeee!!! XOXO

carriefish said...

Your MN pics are making me look forward to getting up there even more! Looks like you and Alex are having a great time together. Hope you enjoyed the Fall Break with him!

~Kim said...

I so want to come and go to the apple orchard with you guys! That picture of the trees is postcard perfect Jonnelle!! : )

What a fun mom you are!

~Kim

Kristi said...

WOW....LOVE THAT DRIVE!!! Those are beautiful trees!!!! Those apples make me want to go eat one! I would love to go to an apple orchard! What did you make with them?