My sister forwarded this to me this morning after a horrible weekend for our family:

Logan is my 14 1/2 year old nephew. He broke the small bone in his right leg, he's fine now, but it was a very scary event for our family. When Logan was 12, he had a freak accident, while jumping on a trampoline, he came down wrong on his right leg, breaking it in two places so severely that it resulted in surgery, pins in his leg and days in the hospital. Luckily Vanderbilt Children's Hospital is where he has gone both times now and they are wonderful.
When my sister called me Saturday afternoon, I felt sick waiting the results of his injury. I prayed. At the same time on a football field in Franklin, TN, both teams were praying. I also prayed for the player that sacked Logan as he was quarterbacking a winning game - I hope that he doesn't feel guilty and will continue to play.
Thank you for letting me share this with you and I am just thankful this morning for being so blessed to live in a country where these boys stop the game, come together and pray - it makes my heart smile!






11 comments:
That DOES sound scary! Glad to hear he is going to be OK in the end. But wow. My son used to play hockey and whenever someone would take a big hit, my heart dropped. Sports - they are both good and well, not. Tough balance as a momma!
That is so scary. But I literally am gripped by the picture of his teammates and coaches taking a knee and praying for him. That is so wonderful to see. Hoping your nephew heals quickly.
I can't imagine how you were feeling while waiting for the update on your nephew. I LOVE the photo of the team down on their knees. It gave me chills! What a perfect opportunity to teach the boys to go straight to the Father to answers prayers. Thank you for sharing this!
Hope your nephew heals quickly, and what a tremendously powerful photo!
I am so glad to hear he is ok, but what a scary time that had to be for everyone. Such an awesome sight to see everyone on their knees over him. I am sure their prayers are one factor in all going well.
Ouch! What a touching story.
that is very scary! Im so proud they all dropped and prayed for him wow. You just dont see that anymore in schools! THat is amazing and kudos for the coaches the players and everyone for doing so.
BIG HUGS and I hope he is better soon. IM so glad it wasnt anymore serious than it was!!! ALTHOUGH THAT IS VERY TERRIFYING!
That poor kid! I remember the trampoline incident well and think about that often when my kids are jumping at others houses. I hope Logan heals quickly!
Oh my!! I hope he is doing ok now! Great photo!
Wow Jonelle, how scary! I am so happy that he is okay! What fabulous sporstmanship by both teams. We need more of that these days! :-)
Oh Jonnelle, that just brought me to tears! I hope your nephew is well onto recovering and rehabing that leg. What a scary ordeal.
That story of the teams praying is just AWESOME!!! True sportmanship portrayed right there. My brother played baseball at OU and was a pitcher. We were playing at Texas Tech (in Lubbock) and my brother took a line drive off his throat. He stood up circled the mound and fell to the ground. We took him to the ER and they admitted him because he had tear in his carotid artery. They told him he'd never play again. We were so humbled that night because the video guy brought a tape of the game and showed everyone praying on the mound. Later that night, every one of my brother's teammates and the entire Texas Tech Red Raiders baseball team came and basically held vigil there. They life flighted him back to OKC 3 days later and when the doctors here compared the tests from TX and theirs, they had to do double takes because he had been healed. Prayer is such a powerful thing!!!!
Sorry to be so long winded, but it is stories like my brother's and your nephew's that make me realize that the game is just a game, but the sport is a character builder!! WHEW...what an emotional post for you and for me! So glad he is going to be alright!!! I'll be praying for him!
~Kim
Post a Comment